Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Balloons, Birthday Bowling and Shady Business

Oooooooh Yeah! (the the voice of The Macho Man Randy Savage)

I have a 4 year old people!  Yes.....you heard that right.  A 4 year old.  SE is FOUR!!  WOO!!

On Saturday I found it totally funny that the TV Land channel had a Golden Girls marathon on and that was what I was watching as I went through 3 days of latent labor with SE back in 2009.  Goodtimes I tell you, goodtimes. LOL.

Last week...a little stressful.  On Monday...both boy's ABA therapists called in sick.  That's one of two things that SUCKS about home therapy.  That kind of stuff doesn't happen at centers because they have subs; socialization opportunities with other kids is the other thing my kids miss out on (we make that up in other places).  BUT with home therapy for us, the 2 cons don't nearly outweigh the benefits.  My kids learn to generalize their skills to home, home therapists can go with us to other locations, such as the Y and stores and it saves me gas! :)
 
  So I put on my teacher "hat" and the boys and I headed into the playroom for some "therapy".  Hahaha.  So a 3 year old that gets bored and sidetracked easily and a 2 year old with little to no instructional control versus one adult who hasn't prepped ANYTHING for a couple hours of homeschool who also happens to be their Mom.  Freaking awesome.  Yeah, it went just how you would expect.  Good for the first 20 minutes then crashed and burned.  I ended up letting one watch a video in our room while I worked with the other one on one.  Not ideal, but hey.....you gotta do what you gotta do right?!?!
 
I ended up doing the same thing on Tuesday morning.  Late notice from SE's therapist meant no time to prep as well so I just had stuff ready to go for C.  Ugh.  Then on Wednesday C's therapist had an emergency and couldn't make it.......so I did a hodge podge of activities for him.  THANK GOD for Pinterest!  Seriously.
 
On a side note....Pinterest doesn't make me feel like I'm an inferior mother, or that I'm not crafty or that I don't come up with good ideas.  Quite the opposite.  I think it's freaking great!  Awesome ideas for just about everything!!!

So on Friday, because I'm an awesome Mama, I took cupcakes (30) to school for SE's birthday celebration there.  SE saw the box and immediately yelled..."CUPCAKES"!!  Ah, he is my son huh?  SE's class (3 kids) was combined with the other special needs class and they enjoyed Elmo cupcakes and goodie bags.  I got enough for SE to take them to the other 2 classes.  When I walked into one of the other classrooms with SE and his teacher, a kid stood up and said..."YES"! and put a little fist pump in there.  I could do nothing but chuckle.  Kids are so funny.



Also on Friday...it was like 83 degrees here!  What?!?!?!  Yeah..it's above 80, so the shorts came out.  I was praying that my shorts from last summer still fit.  Truthfully I wanted to be in a size 6 by now, but through my little sidelines and bumps off the wagon I was just hoping the 8s would fit.
 

Yeah buddy!  They fit!  I'm still planning on buying 6s by June.  It's only about 10lbs or so away.  I think I can do it!  It's getting to be a little hard, but I'm determined to keep plugging away.  145lbs is my goal weight and that will mean 45lbs lost since January 2012!
 
And taking advantage of the crazy nice weather.....I took the boys to the park!

 
SE on the slide! Sidenote: I totally understand now why my Mom used to yell at me to not crawl around on my knees when I was a kid. SE has already torn the right knees of 3 pairs of fairly new jeans!!!  Next thing you know I'll be telling him money doesn't grow on trees.  Man,  I wish it did! :)
 
 
 
Holy Schmoly!  Look at C's hair!!! Super long yes? Super cute? Of course.  I trimmed it up a bit, but no major haircuts.  I like the shaggy messy look on him, it's cute!  And yes, they are dressed alike...on purpose.  Irish shirts for my little Irish boys!


Saturday I woke up early and went to the grocery store to get some donuts (SE's fav breakfast) and balloons.  I was the first person at the store getting donuts.  Freshly baked!  Yum!!  (And I wonder why I'm not in a 6 yet).  I also got some balloons, one had "I'm 4!" printed on it.  SE was in LOVE with the balloons, and when C got up, he was too.

 
 
Then we got real high class and took the boys to Walmart so SE could pick out a toy for his birthday.  And not just any Walmart....the Leavenworth Wally World!  Holla!!!
 
 
Here he is with his new truck.  Um....yeah, he has the SAME truck in GREEN!  Oh well, it was his birthday, not mine and that's what he wanted.  Notice the apparel change?  Yeah, talk about a 30 degree drop in temperature from Friday to Saturday.  Blech!
 
From there we went to the StrikeZone bowling alley on post.  It was SE's first time bowling so we were a little curious to see how he would do.  He thought it was pretty cool!
 

 
He was like a little jumping bean!  So happy and proud of himself while bowling.


 
C had fun too.  Best moment?  When he took off down the lane to our left and I yell, "Get him"!! to the hubs and he gets onto the gutter and runs and grabs him.  C made it a little over 1/4 of the way down the lane before he slipped and fell and Daddy got him.  Who knows how far he would have made it.  Nice that a bunch of the hubs co-workers were there too.  Super not embarrassing at all.  No....really.
 
 
Sunday we went swimming at the Y to the south of us.  It has a lazy river that C thought was the bees knees.  That boy is fearless.  SE tolerated it well, but liked the regular pool better.
 
A lot of crying after we got out of the pool even though both boys' fingers and toes were all pruney and their lips were turning blue.  They are water dogs, but they still need to learn to swim. * Insert registration for spring and summer swim lessons here.*
 
So yes, SE's birthday was a blast.  But here comes the shady biz. 
 
Checking our bank account yesterday I noticed a debit for $634.40!  Here's where I spit my green tea out in astonishment.  So I get on the phone to the bank and tell them fraud had occurred on our account.  They closed out my checkcard and filed a claim.  Also told me the store that the thieves bought the clothes from.  I called the store, told them I didn't make that purchase and they said they would refund it.  They also told me the name and address of the perp. <--That's SO Miami Vice.  Chang Nguyen at 9341 Blanche Ave in Garden Grove CA.  Now, hoping this moron was stupid enough to use his/her real name (unlikely, but I'm hoping), I filed a police report at the local sheriff's station.
 
 
 
  That zapped my entire morning and early afternoon into oblivion.  I didn't get to my laundry I had planned to do and even worse...C needs a new pair of shoes and I don't have a checkcard to buy them with!!  I'll be the person in line that whips out her checkbook and everyone will rolls their eyes and groans.  I guess I'll have to turn to them and scream..."My checkcard is in the mail, cut me a break!!!!"
 
So on the upside, our account should be credited at end of business today and my new card is on it's way.  Thank goodness.
 
Other than that it's the same stuff different day.  Half marathon is coming soon and I only ran 2 miles on the treadmill this morning.  Felt horrid.  I hate the treadmill.  Running outside is the only way to go.  So planning to do 10 miles on Friday or Saturday.  Did 7 miles on Friday last week and it wasn't bad at all...minus the annoying shorts chaffing my thighs.  Sounds like I need a trip to my local Lululemon huh?  Me thinks so.  C'mon tax return.....let's make it happen!!!  I need some Wunder Under capris!!
 

 
love,
Supermama rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment