Monday, March 4, 2013

We survived...SNOWMAGEDDON!!!

Okay seriously....that was a crap ton of snow.  And it's STILL here.  Freaking 2 weeks later!

Man do I miss that whole snow one day, sunny the next..snow gone thing Colorado Springs has going on.  Hmph.  The snow is still a good 4 feet high where we shoveled it.


Tommy Turtle got completed covered up with the second snowfall!!  I had planned on making a Stegosaurus over Tommy, but naptime refusal by two little boys made that a little on the impossible side.

So...I want to say at least 50% of my neighbors have snowblowers.  We have arms and a shovel.  I would say they need to come share the wealth, but shoveling burns calories...so I guess we'll just deal with it. 

Lucy had a GREAT time in the snow.  It was awesome to see her romping around.  Too much fun.  What wasn't great.....the wet dog smell after.  ICK.



 
 
So being basically stuck in the house with a dog, an almost 4 year old and a 2 year old.  Not exactly my idea of super fun.  Don't get me wrong....I LOVE my family.  But everyone gets a bit of cabin fever.  On the first day of the second snowstorm the hubs had to leave to for school in Utah.  So while I was dealing with the craziness of the kiddies with no therapy or school and a dog that keeps whining to go outside to play every 5 minutes, hubby was here:
 



Um...what?!?!  Yeah, that's what I thought!  This is the pool at the house he and his classmates rented.  Pretty nice digs!!  I think this may be a great reason for me to go purchase some new Lululemon stuff.  Even things up a bit.  Yeah...me thinks so.

So since the snow has been so bad and I was not able to run outside and I absolutely hate the treadmill, I decided I try some workouts with the TRX system in the basement.  Lord have mercy....it was AWESOME.

I absolutely loved it.  I'm converted for sure.  It's hard work and I LOVE IT. 



Let me tell you....my core was so sore after the first workout and that's a good thing!!  If you want a great workout, check it out.

So now it's a new week.  Snow is melting and trails are semi clear.  The hubs, C and I got 5 miles in this afternoon while SE was at school and I found something out the hard way.
If you don't use it, you lose it.  Running stamina that is.  I was up to 10 miles before snowmageddon.  That 5 miles today almost killed my knees.  Fo sho.  I thought I was going to die.  It sucked.  Gonna have to get back in the saddle though.  My half marathon is only 5 weeks away.

So at the end of this month we're going back 'home' to visit our parents and friends for some much needed rest and relaxation. 
 
And one of the first places I'm going...

 
 
Who's with me?!?!?!?!  Provided there's no snow...I'm afraid of the incline with snow on it. :(
 
 
Then....I'm going to


Because Mama needs her Patsy's caramel corn!!  And since C is all about popcorn nowadays
I do believe he'll LOVE it just like I do.  :D

Later taters!!!

love,

Supermama rosie


No comments:

Post a Comment