Sunday, April 14, 2013

The hits keep coming....but here we stand.

Well, the week started off great....then 'dun, dun, daaaaaaa'....the stomach flu got us.  I find it funny they call it the stomach flu, when it really has nothing to do with influenza at all.  Let's think for a moment how we actually get a stomach bug.

Ugh.  The dreaded NOROVIRUS...a family of nasty little viral gastroenteritis buggies.  Spread by....fecal/oral route.  Nastiness.  Also spread by touching contaminated surfaces, then that little germie germ makes it into your system.  The nasty little buggers spread like wildfire.  Washing hands is the best defense, but when your 2 1/2 year old is barfing all over, you might just not catch every germ.  Especially when he pukes ON you.  C went down with it Wednesday...



And then he felt fine on Friday!  I thought we were in the clear.  I took C with me to pick up my race packet in Overland Park for the Rock the Parkway half marathon.  While down in that area...hmmmm, Leawood, and more importantly Lululemon and Trader Joe's is just around the corner!!! 

Shall we go???  LET'S!!

Nothing good in Lulu, since they've taken all the black wunder unders and wunder under crops out of stock because apparently booties were visible while bending over.  Not cool.

So onto Trader Joe's.  I believe I called it Snooty McSnootville.  No lie, some of the people that shop there are totally rude and snooty.  The people that work there on the other hand are so nice!  And I don't think I'm wrong in this...a friend of mine had the exact same sentiments. ;-)

I got my pizza sauce, various canned goods and some beautiful flowers that were on sale.  Hello?  $5.99 for 14 roses?!?!  Sold.

 
So there I was, driving home on 435 minding my own business when my stomach started talkin' to me.  Pain....like I'd never felt before.  And nausea, oh my word...the nausea.  I had to turn the A/C down to 62 degrees and blast it on me so I could continue driving.  I looked to my right to see if I had a bag to puke into...viola..my Lululemon reusable bag that usually holds diapers for the car.  Yep.....65 mph and I'm barfing into a bag.  I finally pulled over and finished. 

That night it got SO much worse.  I've never experienced a stomach bug on a level like this.  GROSS!  It was to the point where I looked at Shaun J and told him..."We have to go to the hospital".  We went, I got an IV in, with an open flow of saline and some Zofran (thank the Lord) and then something for the stomach cramps, then Dilaudid for the pain. 

Sidenote---How are people addicted to Dilaudid?!?!?!?  I felt so horrible.  Yeah, it took the pain away, but I felt so weird.  Like I just wanted to sleep. 

Oh and while I was going through all this, I told Shaun J to go home and what happens on the way home?  SE pukes in the car.  It's got him too!

 
 
Needless to say...the Suburban now smells like puke even with multiple cleanings of SE's seat or maybe it's just burned into my olfactory senses?!?! Shaun J came down with it Saturday morning.  Yep, ran through the whole family.  And with all the people that come into our house on a daily basis....I've been disinfecting like a mother!
 
So obviously I was unable to run my half marathon.  BOO. But I'll run one....someday. LOL.
 
 
So thanks to Autism Speaks KC, we went to the Kansas City Zoo for FREE!!  I took the boys by myself since Shaun J was 1. still recovering and 2. had school work to finish.  Here are some of my thoughts on the zoo and yes, I was/am a little judgey mcjudge face....but I have a point right??
 

 
 
 

Yes, I talk fast.  Not auctioneer fast, just fast.  Not fast like that girl that was Vanessa's friend on The Cosby Show, just faster than some people.  LOL.

Here are some other shots from the zoo.  We had fun, really.

 
SE watching the Polar Bears

 
Yes, Orangey was in attendance
 

 
I don't even remember what animal this is, but it was cute.

 
Winding down
 
Another sidenote: How in the world could someone have a chimp as a pet and not expect it to at some time maul their face or a face of someone else...completely off?!?!?!  Those things are big!  And strong looking!!  Just a thought from the chimp exhibit today.


Okay that's it for now.  I really need to hit the hay.  I promised myself that I would start
Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer after my half marathon.  And even though I didn't complete the run due to unforseen circumstances.....I will start and finish this program.  Even though it will consist of my waking up at 4:45am to make it to the gym by 5am to get done by 6am.  UGH!  Oh well, I will have those Jillian Michael's tank top arms by June baby!!

Also today, after mowing the front and back yard (I already told Shaun J that when his PhD program is over I'm never touching another yard appliance again....mower, weed whacker...none of it!) I decided to yank out 3 ugly as sin perennials that were by our stairs, and to not make it look horrid, I had to rake all the old mulch out and replace it with nice pretty new mulch.  Not bad for a day's work right?!?!?!



Purdy, huh?!?!?!?!

I also was the bestest mom in the whole wide world and took out SE's truck.  It's the small black F-150. LOL.

 
This was before he 4 wheeled it into the yard and ran over a bush. LOL.

Ah well, I must get to bed now.  Adios amigos!!

love,
Supermama rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment