Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Slacker! Well....maybe just a little.

Alright....so yes, I've been slacking on the blog.  I promise I'll do better...
because I know you all are just so excited to read my random ramblings. Ha!

At any rate...here was my week/week and a half. 

Beginning of the week.....5am workouts and scheduled therapies for the boys.

Then...Wednesday.  As the boys and I were eating breakfast I noticed SE's right eye was a little red.  He has been blessed with allergies like his mama, so I chalked it up to that.  Later we went to the doc and they deemed it was pink eye, which I DOUBT, but hey we got the drops and I put them in...as best I could.  Anyone that has ever tried to give a cat medication....that's close to getting eyedrops in SE's eye.

Wednesday was also the day I met with the school district to determine which assessments they would do to gauge if C is: a. eligible for services (which OF COURSE he is...he has an Autism diagnosis) b. what class/services he needs.  As I walked into the meeting I knew it would be short, but I didn't want it to go poorly because of a certain person that works there that I hate.  LOL.  Here's the back story...because I just don't hate people very often: when I was challenging the school district to actually do a full eval on SE (they took the data and test scores from when he was diagnosed and used them to create his IEP--cringe...I didn't know any better) she actually told me "well, here's what you need to do".    Uh, excuse me?

Now, you know what I was thinking... (excuse the language)


She made me go full ABW!  Angry Black Woman.  Nobody is about to tell me what I can or can't do when it comes to my boys.  Was she serious?!?! 

So ever since then, every IEP meeting has been horrid between her and I.  The tension is so thick that you could cut it with a knife.  C's state ABA therapist picked up on it immediately at the meeting she came to and it was only 15 min long!!  Which....BTW, she has a great research based blog...Behavior's Missing Piece! Check it out if you get the chance!

But back to the the crazy lady...

This lady actually suggested that we do all of C's testing this month, May, then wait the summer and write his IEP when school starts in August.  No freaking way!!  She is crazy, that's my conclusion.  Why would you want to write an IEP from his testing from months ago?!?!  Hello, same crap they pulled with me with SE!  Yeah, too bad I wised up.  It's like she lives for making parent's lives difficult!  The sheer look of astonishment must have been evident on my face, because she immediately asked if that was going to work.  Yeah.....NO.



But this meeting on Wednesday went really well, mainly I think, because crazy pants wasn't there.  They are going to do some great comprehensive testing on C and I think we'll be able to come up with some good goals for his IEP.

Sunday was Mother's Day and I got some quality time with my boys (all 3) and by myself (much needed).  

Yes, I love my boys....but I KNOW I'm not the only Mom out there that savors those small slices of time where you're by yourself.  Heck, I know Moms that have hidden in the closet just to get away from the kidlets.

First we went for a family run/walk and some playground time!


 
 
One of the subdivisions close to us has a community pool by their playground.  C loves water, actually both boys do....obviously C wanted to go swimming.  In addition to trying to sneak under the fence he keep pulling my arm towards the pool saying "Want swim, want swim".
 


 
After lunch, I took the boys to Walmart and Hyvee.  We got some flowers for the deck.  SE was all about picking out the marigolds for me and C, well, he managed to actually pick some petunia blossoms off my hanging baskets in the cart while we were shopping.
 
 




Yeah I know, my neighbors to our west (right in this pic) are all HGTV and well....we have a swing set. LOL!  Priorities I guess.

So.....as I'm writing this, SE is sitting across from me at the kitchen table playing with his iPad and eating animal crackers.....man I want some animal crackers. 

I'm "dieting down" starting today.  Which simply means I'm not in muscle building mode anymore so my calories will go down and my high intensity cardio will go up.  I had a good first workout this morning; high reps, high sets of chest and shoulders and 30 min of 30/30sec sprints on the treadmill at 9 mph.  I'll also go to Zumba tonight for some additional calories burned.  But those animal crackers look SO good!!



I'm gonna go ahead and just say no.  LOL.  Chicken and veggies for dinner tonight!

But....on Mother's Day I guess I was convinced that calories didn't count  because I had:

Chipotle!
 
And....
 

And a cookie cake!  And I got 100 rounds for my Ruger!


 
And some Shari's Berries from my Mom!

So needless to say, I was a gluttonous piggie on Mother's Day.  And I paid for it on the scale baby.  Wow.  So hence the decision to start "dieting down". 

One good thing I did start before the eating frenzy was a gallon of water a day challenge.  Surprisingly I was already drinking close to a gallon everyday so it wasn't hard to just add a little more.  Now....I don't drink the whole gallon at one sitting.  I sip throughout the day to make sure I'm hydrated.  No, I'm not peeing every 2 seconds either.  I do feel better, and the one day I didn't meet my goal, only had half a gallon....huge headache.  So I'm gonna keep it up.  And yes, I carry that gallon jug to the gym.  It's way easier than filling a water bottle every 2 minutes.

So I guess......

 
I pick things up and put them down.  (Gawd, how I HATE Planet Fitness....judgemental douchebags)
 



And to close I'll talk about 2 gym pet peeves I witnessed this past week.

1.  People that don't re-rack their weights.  I walked in on Monday (yesterday) and there was a 45, and like three 5 pound plates on each side of the smith machine.  What is that all about?!?!  So you can lift it, but can't put it back?!?!?!

 
And 2.  No curling in the squat rack!!  Especially since it's the ONLY squat rack we have!!!
 
Squat racks are for.......SQUATS!  Which luckily I had already completed when the high school football players came in (3 of them....one of which I'm friends with his Mom) and started committing one of the cardinal gym sins.  I was tempted to take a photo, but I'm not good at taking pics on the sly.
 
 

 
Yeah...no curling in the squat rack. Just.Don't.Do.It.
 
 
Oh and I also had the pleasure of buying the hubs a new pair of kicks yesterday.  Now, my hubs isn't too concerned about what his sneaks look like.  Me on the other hand?!?!?!?!  I love a cool looking pair of sneakers!
 
So...here are his old ones....He's put some miles on these bad boys.
 
 
And here are the new mamma jammas I got him yesterday!  Cool huh?!?!?!



And here are the beauties I'm waiting for!!  C'mon UPS man!!!!!



love,
Supermama rosie
 
 
P.S.--I also got 3 new Lululemon Bang Buster headbands!!  They are my ABSOLUTE favorite!!  Thanks babe!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment