Saturday, June 22, 2013

We're talking progression....and regression.

Alright, I'm a bad news first kinda person. 
 
When someone asks me what I want to hear first, the good or the bad....I always say bad.  Why?  Because hearing the good ends the news on a positive note.

So I'm going to start with the bad news.

C is regressing.  BOO!!!!!  We were doing SO well too!  UGH.

What do I mean by regressing?  Well, in essence...losing skills.  His joint attention is down, compliance is down; he's basically chilling out in his own world.  Now there are a couple reasons this might be happening.

C, in the past, has been known to regress before he makes a huge leap in development.  I'm SO hoping this is what it is.  His therapy has been somewhat inconsistent though, due to scheduling and illnesses that are, unfortunately, part of life.  This might be it too.  There is also the fact that SE has been home at a different time of day now that regular school is out and summer school is in, completely throwing both of the boy's normal schedules out of whack.  Also...the cast on C's arm might be adding to his sensory needs by messing with his balance. 

WHO KNOWS?!?!?!  That's the frustrating part.  When your child has a disease that people know the cause....most times there are proven treatments for it.  But with Autism...no child is affected in the same way, which is why there is NO proven treatment or cure.  We don't know what causes it and what works for one kid might not work for another.  Heck, my 2 boys are completely different.

So what's the plan?  Keep plugging away at our work on joint attention, responding to his name, etc.  We're gonna get it worked out.....there is NO other option.

 
 
This sweet boy deserves nothing better than the best I can give him. :)
 
Now the good stuff.
 
The flip side.  SE has been saying some AWESOME stuff lately.  The hubs took a trip to Utah last week for his PhD program.  He was set to arrive home pretty late and I had the boys in the car while we were waiting for  him to call and tell us he'd landed. 
 
Well, the auxiliary lights were on in the car so I opened the door so they would go off.  Of course the interior lights came on and right when they did SE says, "Welcome to the party"!.  After I told him that was a good thing to say I laughed so hard I almost started crying.  It was just the way he said it.  Now, I know he heard that phrase on some kind of show, but the important thing was that he used it appropriately. 
 
THEN....while we were away from the house on a community outing with one of his therapists I was buckling him into his seat and I told him we were going to 'go'.  He responded with, "Go see Grandma and Papa now"!  How completely adorable.  We've been talking about our upcoming trip home to Colorado, where he'll be able to see Grandma, Papa and Gigi, the boys' grandparents.
 
Awesome that he used his language appropriately!!!!  I tell ya, it's the little things that make me so proud!
 
Now.....
 
Here's your warning....
 
 
 
So...let's talk about how our commissary will be CLOSED every Monday...ALL DAY starting the 8th of July!  Um  WHAT?!?!?!  Now...not that I shop at the commissary very often, but what about the people on post that do?  How many times have you forgotten a simple ingredient for a recipe and had to run to the store?  Now people that live on post will have to make a way longer drive to another supermarket!  Annoying!!! 
 
Why is this happening??  The FREAKING sequester!!!  All the non military employees having their salary cut by 20% because of furloughs...this includes the people that work at the commissary.    I guess cutting 2% of the federal budget was just TOO difficult!  But people are constantly talking about their "Obama phones" and are texting for free!  I'm not even going to start in on all the other topics I could go off about.....but not being able to cut 2% caused all this.  Did you know they government spent 492 million on just ADVERTISING for the "Obama phones"?!??!?!  That could have paid a TON of contracted employees!!! 
 
Okay...rant over.
 
Moving on....
 
So....I've decided not to tell people I'm trying to 'lose weight'.  Because that's not what I want to do.  I want to build muscle and lose fat.  Hence all the weightlifting and interval cardio.
 
Oh...so then there's this....
 
 
I take a lot of 'selfies'.  That's photos of yourself. :)  It helps me with motivation and also to see what I need to work on and what I've accomplished.
 
So....
 
 
 
I find it funny these were all taken on different days.....but I have the SAME EXACT pose.  Haha!!!
 
My arms seem to be coming along so now my focus has transferred to my abs and hip/thigh area. 
 
And you KNOW I ain't posting that stuff online until I'm where I need to be.  So here's a tip...don't hold your breath waiting for those photos....because it's going to be awhile.
 
 
I've been doing my yoga at home these days and I'm considering going back to class....but we'll see. 
 
 

I'm LOVING lifting right now.  I wish more women would lift heavy.  I keep telling my friends and family that.  Lifting real weights builds muscle and more muscle burns fat and calories....which means we can EAT more!!!!  LOL.  I love how everything always comes back to food with me.

Which reminds me.  The sign I need to put on the boy's cookie package...


For real.  No jokes. 

I need that sign.

So let's talk about some stuff I saw in the gym this week and some tips on how to avoid being annoying.

What...

Is this?!?!?!?!

Seriously.  You can't use those together.  One attachment on the cable at a time.

2.  How hard is it to re-rack your weights???  If you can put them on....you can take them off.

On Friday at 5am I walked into the gym and there were weights on the bar in the squat rack, uneven on the leg press, on 2 benches and dumbbells on the floor.  Freaking annoying.



3.  Squats on the Smith machine.  Now.....let's talk a bit about functional movement.  I'm no expert on squats since I use plates under my heels to compensate for my super long femur length so I can go parallel or below BUT I DO know that a smith machine squat isn't the right way to squat.  If you watch a person do a regular GOOD barbell squat you'll see the bar doesn't stay exactly on a straight line down.  Why?  Because that's not the way your body goes when you squat. :)  Anywho, I saw a multitude of people squatting this way this week.  *SMH*


  That's it for now.  I'm being summoned by a cranky 2 year old. 

We're going to watch some bull riding tonight.  Should be interesting with a 2 year old and 4 year old who both only napped in the car earlier today.  What can I say??  We're gluttons for punishment!  LMAO!!!

Hey by the way......it's almost one of my most favorite holidays!!!  4th of July!!  Why?  Because my family loves AMERICA!!!

 
Yes, I will be wearing these glass ALL DAY on the 4th!!!  Even to workout!
 

love,
Supermama rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment