Friday, February 1, 2013

Isn't the end of the week supposed to be GOOD?!?!?!

     Blech.  This week ended with a bang.  Or rather a lack thereof......when trying to fire up my Suburban with my remote start this afternoon.  I get in the 'burb....turns over!  Yay!  I turn it off and go in to get C.  We're all bundled up and in the car...now it won't start.  Check engine light is on.  Fark.  So I do what anyone would do...well not really, I do what I would do.  I call to get a tow (my AAA expired...crapballs) to the local Chevy dealership and wait for them to call and tell me what's wrong with my baby.

 
 

     So, what was it?  The battery.  Crap.  Now, if I would have even suspected battery (with the check engine light coming on, the lights, radio and everything else electrical working and the lack of the classic clicking that usually comes along with a dead battery), I would have just went across the street to my neighbors house and asked for a jump, see the used car lot...I mean all the cars in the driveway????

  So now....instead of going to the autoparts store and buying a normal, logically priced battery I get to pay for what must be the world's most superhighspeedultraawesome battery and the outrageously priced labor that comes with anything dealership related.  A 6.0L engine must need a lot of juice right??  That's how I'm justifying my huge gaff and impatience.  So, what this means is I have to be the responsible adult and not get my new personalized cutesy otterbox phone case, plus some other stuff I wanted this month.  

Boo.

Sometimes being an adult sucks.  Double Boo.

And if it wasn't bad enough......last night my last/only needle for my sewing machine broke.  So now I can't finish my boy's lap pads today because....you guessed it, I was going to go get another one this afternoon.  But I can't, because I have no vehicle!

 
Ignore my massive man hand and focus
on the broken needle.
 
Oh and this cold?  Blech.  And both boys woke up with a cough.  Maybe it's all the kisses I've been getting lately...which I'll take the sickness for, but I don't want them to be sick!  My po babies!
 
So since all my plans were shot for today, which included grocery shopping and a trip to Hobby Lobby; C and I decided (rather I decided and C agreed) to curl up on the couch and watch the newish (9/2012--that's new for us) Thomas and Friends movie.
 
 
That's me and C on the couch....he ate half my popcorn!
Little popcorn hog!
 
 
     It was good to slow down and just relax with lil bit this afternoon.  I think Supermama needed a break too. 
 
love,
Supermama rosie





No comments:

Post a Comment