Friday, February 8, 2013

It's FANTASTIC Friday!!

Hey guys, it's Friday!

Which technically means little to nothing to me as a Mom because if you're a Mom, you already know there are NO days off. 

It's also our weekly pizza and a movie night!  We did the usual, 1/2 cheese 1/2 pepperoni, black olives and mushrooms.  I didn't eat any of that.  I made a thin crust spinach, chicken, light alfredo and red pepper sauce pizza.  I had 2 1/2 pieces (it was GOOOOOD) and a large salad before that. 

I try to make Friday's my "cheat" day, because with my half marathon training I know the next day is my long run day and all those calories should be burned off!  So...using myfitnesspal I logged 2,314 calories today (which is much more than I normally eat, by about 600 calories) and so far I've burned about 2200.  So technically I would be gaining weight today.  As much as we'd like to negate the theory....calories in vs calories out does work in many instances.  But what's important is to look at the quality of the calories you're ingesting.  Since mine weren't all that great today, I won't go too far in depth into it.....for now.

So you may be wondering....gee Rosie, how do you know how many calories you burned, just being you today???  I didn't work out at all, it's a rest day in prep for my long run tomorrow.

I use a little contraption known as a BodyBugg.
It's a monitor you wear on your left arm and it analyzes how many steps you take and how many calories you burn!  You can also buy a watch that syncs with the monitor and you get instant info!  I've also heard there's one that syncs with your phone too.

This is my watch at 7:36pm tonight.  I took 8,153 steps and have burned almost 2200 calories!

 
 
So eventually I'll get to my goal of 145lbs, but more importantly a size 6!  I was close this past summer and then the Fall hit and I got stressed and starting slacking on the workouts and eating bad.  BUT.....I'm back.  I will make my goal by this summer for SURE!
 
 
So...weekend plans,
 
Run. 
 
For awhile.  Like 7 miles.  I had to re-evaluate my training plan because I was already up at a distance I should have been at in like 3 weeks or so.  So I'm just gonna keep it averaging 6-7 for the next 2 weeks.
 
In addition to that...SE will be rocking the big boy undies this weekend.  Meaning we're stuck in the house this whole weekend with a lot of laundry.
 
 
 
So we have a couple sets of undies to use.  Now...teaching a kiddo with ASD to potty is a whole different ball game than pottytraining a kid without ASD.  SE has a fear of even sitting on the potty.  In fact the other day I bribed him with the iPad to sit for 20 minutes since he woke up with a dry diaper.  I was expecting an Austin Powers like pee from him, but he held it.  For an hour.  Until he got the diaper on, then went.  Of course.  His therapists have a couple theories, one being that he's a little rule bound and thinks he goes potty in a diaper and that's the rule.  We'll see how the undies work.  I have a feeling it will make him pretty uncomfortable.  YAY!  Wish us luck!  I'm so sick of buying and changing SO many diapers!
 
In unrelated news, C has learned how to jump.  It's like a credit card jump, but still....he's jumping.  And it's his FAV thing to do right now.  Unfortunately this has led to some slight boo boos since jumping, socks and hardwood floors don't always mix.
 
He also loves hats in the evenings....
 
 
 
What's up SUCKAS???
 
Well, back to the movie..
We're watching The Lorax right now and those 3 fish?  I <3 them!  Hilarious!
For kids movies it seems Netflix has the best selection.  We also have Amazon Prime Instant Video and that's not so great for kids movies.  If you have Hulu Plus, what do you think of it??  We don't have an on demand option because DirecTV would charge us an arm and a leg for the little receiver box to link to our internet.  Thanks, but no thanks.  I'm already pissed off at them enough for that whole Viacom snafu this past summer.  No Nick Jr. for like 3 weeks??  That's cause for concern in this family.  Dora, Bubble Guppies and Max and Ruby are important characters to my boys.
 

 
love,
Supermama rosie

 


No comments:

Post a Comment