Monday, February 4, 2013

It's just......SUPER!

So, I didn't post yesterday....Superbowl Sunday because I was too busy stuffing my face with everything I usually don't eat.  Fried coconut chicken tenders, pizza monkey bread with marinara, chips and queso, more chips and queso, chips and guacamole, brownies and a Coke float.  Ugh.  I'm feeling nauseous just TYPING it. 

If it's possible to gain 5lbs from a meal....I did. 

And then to make things worse....I ate leftovers today!  Bad Rosie....bad, bad, bad.  Now my stomach hurts and I feel extra fat.  Oh well, I'll just start eating the normal way tomorrow. 

I do find it amazing that when I go back to eating foods that are "bad" for you...it just feels so good.  Those endorphins kick in and viola...I crave more.  Tomorrow is going to be fun.  Not only will I be in sugar withdrawal, but we're getting our taxes done too.  Joy, joy.  The hubs is going to LOVE me.

So as you know my Friday/Saturday plans were derailed by what we'll refer to as: the battery incident.  I grocery shopped....at Walmart....on the Saturday before the Superbowl.  I know, I deserve a Ranger tab for that!!! 

 
 

I needed to get my long run in on Sunday since I missed it on Saturday, the day I also had CPR training at the Y.  I'm now: AHA CPR and ACLS certified, ARC CPR/First Aid/AED certified and now.....I'm ASHI (no....not ashy....I do use lotion!) CPR certified.  Rest assured if someone goes into cardiac arrest...I should know what to do.  LOL.

I got 8 miles in on Sunday morning and the hubs went the distance with me.  He pushed the boys in the jogger for 5 and I took the last 3.  Definitely should have taken the first 3.  I was dying on that last mile!!!!  Those boys are heavy!


Yeah, you know what it is...
Black and yellow, black and yellow,
black and yellow, black and yellow...
( I couldn't help it....and it's on my running playlist)
 
Anyway, I'm thinking that had I not been pushing 70+ lbs of kid and stroller up and down hills, the last mile would have felt good.  I'm feeling good about the half marathon in April!
 
Spent the majority of today starting and FINISHING SE's weighted blanket.  I'm what you might like to call: an imperfect and impatient crafter. 
 
When I start a craft, I like to finish it the same day.  I need the instant gratification.  And if something's a little off, I don't rip it out....I work around it.  Impatience......or laziness, you choose.
 
 
 
Huge, green, never ending pocketed MONSTER blanket.  Took literally almost ALL DAY.
I did have some help though....
 
 
 
He kept asking to sit on my lap while I was sewing.  I let him once and couldn't seem to see around his head.  Speaking of noggins, why do I look like I have a Tyra Banks size forehead in this photo??  I swear my forehead isn't that big......is it??
 

This is the finished product for SE.  It's approximately 5ish lbs and it's pretty big.  63 pockets baby.....63.

C's will be next.......next week.  No more sewing for me for awhile.  Being hunched over that machine all day has made my back sore!  How do those kids in India and China do it?!?!?!

As far as exercise today, I did P90X Chest, Shoulders, Triceps this morning.  I also stated that I broke up with Tony, my workout boyfriend.  Yep, I dumped him.  He made some comments on FB that I disagreed with in terms of $$ needed to eat healthy.  Here's the bones...if you need $9 a meal to eat healthy, you're Tony Horton, with Tony Horton money.  If you're a regular person, you read a book and do the best you can to eat healthy.  Not everyone has $700+ to spend on food a month...for one person.  Just sayin....

Teaching PiYo Strength tomorrow morning and I'll get 3 miles in on the treadmill after.  I'll also get back to eating like I have some sense too. :-P  I gotta get down to 145 by summer and I'm a cool 10-12lbs away.  I think I can do it.  Shoot, with all this running, I BETTER do it!  LOL!

As far as the Superbowl, I picked my team that morning....


I have to admit, I got a little worried after the blackout.  Momentum is so important in sports.  If you've ever played a competitive sport....you'll know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.  That moment when either you've just lost your mojo or you're on FIRE.  I remember having some moments like that in college....both situations!

Remember NBA Jam for Sega from WAAAAAY back?  When you were 'on fire' you could shoot from behind half court and make it.  I haven't played a video game like that in forever!

Here's what my foodie looked like:

 
 Homemade Guacamole....almost as good as my Mom's!

Pizza Monkey Bread (had some of this today at lunch).


Those are the coconut chicken tenders (delish) and a regular tender.  That velveeta queso blanco with HOT Rotel....the absolute TRUTH!  So good!


And I got stared down the ENTIRE time.  I think she thinks the Jedi Labrador Mind Trick will actually work one day.  Sorry Lucy, not this time little mama.  She did get some tasty treats later though, we're not that cruel.

Well, it's 11:50pm  YIKES!  And I will be up in 6 hours...assuming I fall right asleep and with C in the bed with us....FAT CHANCE.  Me thinks little wonder needs to go back in his bed, only caveat...he might cry and wake SE up.  Somehow I didn't think them sharing a room would go anything like this.  Although I'm happy we have a dedicated room for therapy now!  :)

Alright ya'll!  Laters!


love,

Supermama rosie

 




1 comment:

  1. You go on that April marathon!

    I know how you feel about the food binging and the next day lows of trying to go back to healthful. We all do it at these events. I know I'm in trouble if I look at my plate and the food items are all in various shades of deep fried, and a vegi isn't in sight...but that doesn't stop me from diving in, even knowing I'll regret it later.

    ReplyDelete